View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #132
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Extremely dissapointed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
lol. Semantics again, you're twisting my words around to create your argument. I never said I expected those specific aspects, but what I do expect are some sort of advancements over a game that was developed back in 04/05. Everyone does and that could include anything. But, since you bring that up, no I'm not blown away by a videogame using pile ups and gang tackles in 2010.

I'm sorry, but as a sim fan I'm not going to be impressed by them getting the basic aspects and fundamentals of football correct. Realistic QB sneaks and jumping over piles is not going to make this into a simulation football game, those aspects are the least of my worries when it comes to Madden.
... but a lot of the other things they're trying to do will get us on that road.

I realized that not everyone would be impressed by seeing pile-ups and 3-9 man tackles (thought that sort of boggles my mind, but...)... but it's important to realize and accept that this is indeed an incredible feat regardless of the circumstances. This has never been done before. I know what 2K devs said about just doing 2-man gang tackles, so 3-9 is unthinkable even today... but they did it. How I have no idea, but they did it. It's time to give some props where props are due.

No, that alone won't make Madden into the sim we all want, but it's an amazing start and one that quite frankly I don't think anyone expected, even the people who refuse to give any credit.

People are concerned about weight and momentum with watching the videos, and some of it I think is just worrying a bit too much, but I can tell you that momentum and weight aren't neglected in Madden 10, just as Ian promised. You may not see it from the videos, but when you play it, you'll feel it immediately and to make it all even more sweet, you can tune speeds (like Ian talked about in the blog) and such. You will be able to customize your feel with this. This is big.

I made a case to Ian for that exact kind of user-side tuning back in the Winter time, and maybe Ian was already planning it anyway, but if my posts about it had any effect then I was glad to speak on it. I know how much this is going to help the sim crowd get that tighter more weight-oriented control feel, and I can already see all the fun and debates here brewing over who has the best tuning setup. Out of the box, it's already tuned pretty damn well though. In fact, we just sort of fooled with it rather than really having to hammer on it. I think we all expected it to need a ton of necessary tuning, but it didn't and that was a real surprise at least for me.