Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #78
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Real gameplay from Madden 10

What I liked:

*I saw an interesting pre-play camera.

*I saw a much-improved post-play camera

*The QB was walking to the line!!! Walking!!! Yes!!! YES!!! Although I did see him hitch for a second and jog a step or two once, but it's a very strong outing nonetheless.

What I didn't like:

*I don't like the playcall screen. It defeats or at least diminishes the goal--or what should be the goal--of having continuous post-play action showing, because the plays are covering a good portion of the picture window. The plays being set Left-vertical with the picture window taking over the rest of the screen would've been the best use of space and would've been more attractive because the main picture would've never been obstructed.

I also don't like the idea of not being able to easily toggle to stats and stat cards like 09 had. The PIP window from 09 just needed to be bigger, it didn't need to be eliminated completely. The concept was solid. This "new" playcall screen to me is a step backwards as we now have less options on top of having an obstructed view

... this playcall setup is from the PS2 days, and it should've stayed there... it was in the past for a reason... it's outdated for all the reasons I just pointed out.

*Tom Hammond sounded terrible from that little soundbite. That line "he goes for it all" sounds off, and just the way he read it sounds off. I got a chance to chat with Ian about the scripts and all I'll say is this; They should really hit me up on this one... I could write some far better stuff (and I do have some noteworthy writing credentials by the way)... I'm just putting it out there...

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-24-2009 at 10:35 PM.