roll2tide
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: when the license expires!

OK lets take a serious look at what you've written:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSmart
this is starting to be do or die for madden and its recycled game engine.

Really? How so? They have no competition and they have the exclusive deal locked up thru 2012 at a minimum.

here is the deal, madden will have to step up and bring us the greatest football game ever prior to having their nfl license expire.

Really? Or what will happen exactly? You think someone will just be sitting there with, like, totally, the most awesome football game ever and all they'll have to do is plug in the oooooo-ficial NFL names and such and then they can sling it on to the shelves? And what exactly makes you think that the license even will expire any time soon?

if madden doesn't provide a great game then i assure you that 2k and sony and God knows who else will jump on the football gaming so fast

Really? See above. Let's say 2k put out an NFL game for the 2013 season. I'm figuring it would take at least 2-3 years after the initial release to really start to maximize their own gaming engine and work out all the little bugs. Oh and guess what? We won't be playing the 360 or the PS3 by then. So you'll need to factor in a new generation of gaming systems by then, too. It's not like 2k or anyone can just drop a beastly game that first year and send EA packing.

that ea will be left scratching their heads wondering how in the world they can't sell a single game.

Seriously? You see how heated the EA/2k battle gets here. EA has 2 decades of domination on it's side and an astronomically large fan base in the sports genre. This simply cannot be undone in a short amount of time.

they will have to improve the game for the sake of their business, and i know when it comes to money ea is a pro.

Yes, they do need to improve. And yeah, EA is a pro at making money and they have a few years before 2k or anyone else can even think about stepping in the ring. Don't think they won't be prepared--they'll have a huge advantage over anyone who hasn't been producing NFL games for the past 2 decades.

that being said, i would like to know what you guys think about the next madden.

I think it comes out in August and we don't really even know enough about how '10 will play to have any kind of indepth discussions about it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove