View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #10
fourthreemafia
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Unrealistic expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondock18
I agree with you that there are a lot of people crying over this stuff and that it isn't helping any. But at the same time we have people here that are acting like everything is perfect so far when clearly there are still some issues with this game.

Maybe Ian and the crew won't admit it, but the current engine has pretty much been complete garbage as far as using it for a football game goes. The fact is Madden next gen came out of the gates slow and is still trying to catch up. I don't know if it was because people had different ideas on how a football was suppose to work over there at EA, but it has been a jumbled mess and it reflected in their product.

I mean were still hoping they get the player models right. I don't blame this on Ian, or anyone specifically for that matter, but it seems like every year they have to start over on them and at this point in maddens next gen life that's just not right. It's not like they wanted to have to do it, there just wasn't a clear vision at the time, or we would have never had to see 250 pound ripped kickers that where all over the place in the early days. Another example of this is the nintendo wii version with it's new art direction.. it simply sucks.

Can these guys throw down a good football game this year? Sure, and I fully expect it to be better then last years efforts. My problem with the whole thing is how and why did they screw up so bad from the get go. Why are we having huge threads about how the running animation sucks when the 5th game is coming out in a matter of months.

It might not be fair to Ian and his team at EA, but they have to overcome 4 years of what we all seem to agree is complete garbage of a football game. They have to earn back our trust in their product, and the good thing is they know this, and that is a good first step.

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

But this seems to be a new direction.

If things seemed to be running the same or we were seeing the same old, same old, I wouldnt be optimistic at all. But the fact is, this isnt "same old. same old", and anyone saying it is is blind or ignorant.

My only issue is how alot of people seem to be approaching this. I realize that some of these people are kids that dont know better, but some of them are adults acting like children.

I have no problem with someone criticizing the game. Thats fine. But alot of people on here seem to not even care what Madden is doing right...they just focus on what they dont like and instead of providing constructive critisism, they bash the game or EA.

I agree EA has to prove that they are really changing things, but I think alot of people need to lighten up and realize that not everything is going to be perfect for Madden 2010, and hold their bashing and claiming that Backbreaker is better (that still cracks me up), until we have a better feeling about the game.