View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 04:46 AM   #11
shift9k
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Unrealistic expectations

Is it really that terrible of the community to ask for a better product? The thing is bud, i've found madden players to be very attached to this game. It's a drug we all got hooked on a long time ago, and it was an awesome drug. Now all of a sudden that drug has been withheld(for a long time, the past few years have really sucked). And the cravings have just gotten stronger and stronger. Its now boiling to the point where there is nothing but pessimism. Look at me, i've been lurking for a long time. This is my first friggin post. I just cant take it anymore.

Madden 09 I feel was a big time step in the right direction, and its come the closest to giving me that "buzz."

I dont think you should be directing your anger and people who are simply just sick of crap. Just bc they think backbreaker or whatever is better, or the 2k series are better, that doesnt mean they hate madden. They want IT to be better, now im not saying everyone, but i get the feeling the majority of the community does want madden to succeed. Hence the interaction between everyone. Just bc EA admitted they were to blame on somethings, doesnt mean that they are off the hook. The bottom line is if I commit a crime, I dont get off the hook just because I admit to doing it.

I'm disappointed in the trailer as well. How can I not be? I havent played the game, sure, you're right with that. But the thing is I didnt see anything even remotely interesting. Sure they have time, but the game is what 5 weeks from going into production? I dont understand what that means, but what i get out of it is that not much is gonna change. Sure you might polish up but is that really going to be enough to seperate it from your latest effort?

You know i remember as a kid i was sitting in my parents basement with madden 00, and four buddies. We were all doing the same franchise as different teams from the same division. We started at 8pm and we played til 3am. That night I remember we had a conversation on how sick madden would be in the future. We would say "oh in madden 08 they're gonna probably have ______," "or you'll be able to do ______!" Our mini future madden fantasy went on for hours. But then again we were kids, and the madden of the time was really the best football game OF that time. We dared to dream, because what we had was awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove