View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: WHOA! Did I read this right - D. Hall went to a 68????

Another upset fan.

No offense, but Hall didnt perform outstandingly well in comparison to how he was playing with the raiders. Look at it this way(although I know I wont be able to get to you) Hall with the Raiders wanted him to man cover all day long with NO pass rush. WRs would break him down and he looked extremely bad because he was trying to use his speed to keep up.

Fastforward to the Skins...The Skins have a better Defense and he was no longer called on to cover indefinitly and if a QB made a mistake he used his speed to make a play. By defense, I felt they had more QB hurries(obviously did not have many sacks) and the safety play was like day and night compared to the raiders. Sure Hall didnt get burned because he had two great safeties to watch his back.

Hall has great ball skills(hands), return ability, and speed. Thats it.

Before you go aguring about this this and this. Someone already brought it up. Look at A. Cromartie. Last year he had what 10 picks? This year he looked like a bum. Its because he lost Shawn Merriman(sp). The chargers entire defense didnt look the same without Merriman disrupting everything. Cromartie is almost a carbon copy of Hall, Great ball skills, Return ability, and speed.

A 68 is alright because he has good hands and is an very physically gifted player. 70 is basicly the new standard for an average player instead of in the 80s

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 04-25-2009 at 11:50 AM.