View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #29
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Please Fix The Huddle, Get That Circle Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
I've gotta agree with the op... i don't think this was when fallon was the qb. This is when he was playing next to phil before the show.

It looks like they're gonna slaughter a pig, kill a virgin then drink the spiritual koolaid.
Ian was sitting next to me at the event and we were talking about cut scenes. I then got a penalty or something (False start I think), and I saw this:

So I said "You know I hate how they huddle, it never really gets down in there or really shows a realistic huddle formation"

Then I went back to playcall and a closer tighter huddle formation popped up. Ian said "See there. We've got one here." I was like "Uhhh... oh, okay" because I wasn't expecting it.

But I think what may be happening here, is that you get something like the photo when you have penalties or something, and you get the closer shot with a tighter huddle during playcall.

I suggested after the event that less emphasis is placed on showing the formation of the huddle during post-play. It's not necessary, and we wind up seeing the players idle animations which are not too good. I'd rather they not spend any time on idle animations for that, it's not worth it when general post-play is more important and also the fact that you never really see a huddle formed player-by-player on TV. The networks are always showing something else at the point of where the huddle is forming player-by-player. It's considered a lull point.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my point is that they should focus on the huddle for during playcall, but not during post-play because of the idle animation situation being an issue. I didn't want anyone to think I was saying not to have a huddle formation at any point, lol.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-25-2009 at 10:33 AM.