Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
smace767
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Season Showdown will be a good thing and didn't cost anything to add in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
My point in the other thread wasn't that it took away from something else that could be in the game. It was more of the whole thing was overall just lame and pointless to me.

As I state all the time not everything is geared for me I understand. But the whole vote on who wins for points and fair play for points for your school is just gimmicky. I want fair play points to see who cheeses online and who is straight up not so the top 5 bandwagon schools can get E-wins each week.

I am not a teenager anymore, it sucks I know, but in doing so I have a full time job, a house/car payments and barely have enough time to watch real football on the weekends. The last thing I want to focus on when I fire up a game of NCAA is seeing FSU, USC, UF, OSU and Michigan bandwagoners worried about e-statting it up lol.

Lastly if you think this is going to stop people from doing anything it takes to win then you are not in the right state of mind. Even if it did people would find some glitch to get around it and pretty soon anyone that cares about their online record will abuse that to be in the top 100.

Again, not saying I don't want it in just in case there are some people that will love it. However, painting it out to be great is just as much of a waste of breath as bashing it. It is what it is, but I just think at the end of it all this will be the only NCAA version you see this in for. Been playing this game long enough to spot a one year gimmick.
First thing is we all have things other than NCAA 2010 that takes our time. Not only am I not a teenager but i have teenagers. One wants to move to Cali and get married, another is in drives ed($400 for 15 class, mandtory state law) so you missed me with that point you were making. But if it was u dont have time that actually was my point. There is nothing you have to do to be in it. it takes none of your time to do it. If you have a wii you should/would know this is a spinoff on the triva and voting that is done on the wii network

I really could have cared less if this was in the game or not. This post was to state what it is and what it can do for the gaming community with an open mind. Not be a cheerleader for the feature. I have had ncaa since ncaa 98 on pc, on one system or another. I like seeing progress and enhancement. Gamplay is still an issue, so is presentation but this is more of an enhancement then a gimmick.

Us guys on this board make up less than 1 percent of people who will own this game. We are a part of the hardcore fan base but if you dont think there will be thousands of fans who will not only use this, but love this feature than your missing the point.
college school spirit is one of the strongest social connections there is in America. That is a fact. They also keep stats on who won the most championships and have an award and trophy for the best college sports program across all sports each year. This will just feed into that and bring out school spirit even greater.

Even with the poor state of the AI, dline play, and power of speed, you could still stop any offense in ncaa 09 with the right defense. If you had the right personnel and spied running QB's with a LB. If he was too fast there were defenses that spy with safeties or zone blitz cbs. so cheesing is not an issue for me. Florida and west virginia and oklahoma do what most define as cheese in real life(screens, qb scramble/ run, no huddle, harvin, devine, murray lined up all over the formation) so its not like it isn't realism in gameplay(yeah some take it too the extreme i know).

Online: I played about 30 full seasons in online dynasty in ncaa 09. This feature will fix alot not all but alot of guys attitudes about bad play( going on 4th all over the field, running up the score ect..). even if it only changes 20 to 40 percent of the bad players, that is an improvement to the ncaa gaming community.
alot of players play bad because there is no incentive to play any other way. Now guys can chase single game high scores or being listed as the florida fan with the most points.
To have the most points you will have to play good fair games, and again your are mistaken if you think thousands of players r not gonna chase single game high scores and favorite team high showdow scores. All gamers like high scores and ea found a way to make chasing a high score a better online playing experience for everybody.
Trust me im not changing anyones opinion, not trying to change yours, they could say we took it out today and it wouldn't bother me one bit, i just call it how i see it, its in the game now and it is what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove