View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #141
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5)

Offensive tackle, Ryan Clady could be the only person in favor of this trade.

Alan Burge, Houston Texans Examiner

Quarterback Protection
Anyone else see the irony?

Definitely not for Graham Harrell.

What the hell was the point of this trade? How are the Texans prospering for the long run? Okay, right we get a decent player out of the trade - but seriously, our future was in Graham Harrell!

Is Matt Schaub REALLY the answer!? Honest to Texas...really? I'm sorry fellow Texans, this has to be the most ludicrous transaction I have seen from Texans management in a long time.

Let's talk a bit about Ryan Clady - okay, he is now a well established player in the league - he's been given his due credit. However, we have two considerable decent offensive tackles in Eric Winston and Duane Brown already....what was the point?

Maybe we are over reacting - as Texans fans that is a given, but maybe letting go of Texas Tech boy, Graham Harrell, is going to end up biting us in the you know where later on. It's not that I don't believe in Schaub - I just think with a little more time, Harrell could have been the best quarterback this league has seen.

I'm all for protecting the quarterback - and yes Clady might last 10-15 seasons in the game - but considering the 1-1 record and a heck of a tough game against the Titans upcoming - I'm just not feeling that so-called protection.

Alan Burge, (or 'aj' as he’s known to his Texans family and friends) joined the Examiner team after three years of writing fan-tastic articles for houstontexans.com. Alan has been following pro football since Joe Willie's guarantee and has been a regular at Houston home games since Earl's rookie season.

Alan is a Texans season ticket holder who brings his readers a blend of thoughtful analysis, passionate and insightful commentary, and well-informed opinion -- from the fan perspective. Alan's work is widely recognized and he has been heard talking Texans football many times as a guest on sports talk radio stations across the country.

Alan is a long time resident of the Clear Lake/Friendswood, Texas area and is a graduate of the University of Houston. When not immersed in all things NFL, this football addict/part-time sportswriter/aerospace enthusiast also likes to spend time with his family, travel and enjoy the great outdoors. Send Alan an email.

The Specifics
Second round consolation prize?

Losing our 1st rounder to make matters worse.Maybe we can get another steal in this year's draft....then let him go.

Advertisements - Register to remove