Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 AM   #12
Outkizast
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Weather Impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Quoted from Ian's blog on creating sim style gameplay...

"-- Pass Speed --
Pass speed was something that was actually quite a bit over the top in previous years...did you know a typical bullet pass exceeded 77 mph in our game?! In Madden NFL 09, not only did every QB throw a similar bullet pass in mph regardless of their rating, but also every QB also threw "mini-punts" instead of touch passes (even on short and intermediate routes) due to the high speed of the ball upon release.

Realistically, we can all agree that Brett Favre in his prime probably had the most zip on his passes, and he's been clocked around 65-70 mph (from what I saw on ESPN). So we brought the max mph down to 70 mph (for a 99 Throw Power guy in perfect weather), and also brought the minimum speed down as well so we could scale down the 'curve' of how the ratings affect the pass.

Now for Madden NFL 10 you will see much more obvious disparity between throw power ratings, and also you will see much more "touch" on passes on shorter routes instead of record-setting hang time on lobs (see below)"

That confirms to me that weather will most definately will play a part this year.
VERY NICE!!! I had forgotten about this blog...