View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
Aruthless
Rookie

OVR: 1
OL/DL Interaction

From some of the videos we've seen this year it definitely seems to be heading in the right directions and i have to give kudos to the development team for that. I do have a couple questions about the interaction with the lines and how they are going to work in M10.

For one the DT's dont really seem to stand out from one another as far as stopping the run goes. Are they going to be able to clog the running lanes this year and push the pocket during passing situations. Ive always wanted to play as a DT but it was never rewarding enough, so will things change now with the new pro-tak system?

Another thing you see with the dline during screen passes is that 90% of the time you see them tackling the ball carrier from behind, will they have enough acceleration to be able to do that as well as release from the Olines block?

One other thing, if the DT's and NT's do have the ability to interupt a play big time if they are not double teams a la casey hampton, vince wilfork or albert haynsworth, why not have an hot audible so that you can command the online to double team that dline man thats giving you trouble?

thats all i have for now
Advertisements - Register to remove