View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #11
Dr.J
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

Someone posted this on gamefaqs,

"I played today... here are some results.

I went 2-3 against the devs. All 5 round matches. Won a match by decision and sub. He won two of his by subs and one by TKO.

I was Karo, Dan Henderson, Wanderlei, Lyoto, Cro Cop. I usually was a head in the matches in terms of wearing his stamina down when he would sub me after a quick takedown.

Now for the nitty-gritty:
1 - You don't get to see who the opponent is selecting
2 - The online connection is going to be really iffy. I would often throw head kicks and it would sometimes slow down and he would shoot in out of nowhere to take me down. I'm running on a 10 meg cable service.
3 - After the matches, you can press "Start" to request a rematch and leave feedback (along with viewing their gamercard). If not, you can press "A" and search for more matches.
4 - After the match, they'll be a breakdown of the damage down your body (head, chest, arms, legs) and another fight area for stats on how the individual won and which round.
5 - You'll never know if your opponent has his/her stamina bar on. When you press start in the middle of the game you can either A: "Give up" or B: "Return to match." Once again, your opponents can turn on their stamina bar and you would never know (I had mine on since I was using it for classic fights mode and he said he couldn't tell if I had mine on or not).
6 - No mirror matches online, but I don't know how it works if someone picks the same character.
7 - We watched all the intros... I am not sure if you are forced to, but I was pressing start and all the buttons to try and advance and couldn't. Both fighters might have to.
8 - In the intros, your "Ranked MMA Record" will be shown and be broken down by sub-ko-decision.

I think I've covered the gist of things. It was an all right online experience. Online connections could be improved since there was obvious lag"

link - http://www.undisputedonline.net/foru...?t=4168&page=7
Advertisements - Register to remove