View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #22
CreatineKasey
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Joystiq Impressions: Madden NFL 10 (5/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Maybe you were not around the forums in early April, but Ian chose 8 folks to come down and pick apart Madden. They were all from OS and gave out constructive criticism of the Madden series.

I've know of these posters for a least 2 years, some more than that,and a few less than that.

I'll take those that I know here at OS over any gaming site on the net.
I was. I just don't like seeing this criticism. It feels unfounded to me. Yes, we had people come play the game and say they liked it. The people that are talking down any criticism aren't these people.

Were these opinions discussed constructively? nope... just junk like "This is why I hate such and such site".

How about constructing a thought? Let's see... maybe from what we've heard they don't appreciate the intricacies we look for a in a football game. Gleaning from what they said, maybe the casual player will not fully acknowledge changes that we find game changing. That could be an interesting perspective to keep in mind as the game's information is released. The reviewer probably doesn't know football, and to the common player it might feel the same.

That's a valid observation. No need to hate. Maybe casual fans won't think it's different. Again - we are better here at OS. I go here for stimulating discussions on football and Madden, not silly comments like these. I'm just a bit disappointed.