Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #22
X*Cell
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Create-a-Team is Back Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRoark
Well, the question was not if 2K is "done," but if 2K Sports is going to have a banner year. Not 2k as a whole, and only this year.

I think if we look back the years between 2003-2005-ish were a high point of 2K sports: their NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB were all respectable and innovative. This year, at their best, they may hold the NBA title, but certainly not MLB or NHL, and unfortunately not NFL. They have no college games. I stick by my opinion that this won't be a "Banner year."

This has nothing to do with EA...only whether 2K's back on top of their game...which I would say they aren't.
yeah, and even NBA 2K9's gameplay against the A.I. is at a serious low. The multi-player matches and promising Franchise Mode is what redeems the game. No question is it my favorite game to play these days, but it's still quite a ways away from being considered a realistic representation.

Live actually does a bit of a better job with realism statistically, but the game plays and looks ugly, so it's not even worth it.