View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
marshallfever
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
What movies have you seen recently?

With the amount of movies i see a week and general movie talk, i decided to make this thread on any movie seen recently. Got this idea from another forum and it worked well over there, spanned 200 pages.

So i'll start with my most recent movie: Outlander

Quote:
Plot: During the reign of the Vikings, Kainan, a man from a far-off world, crash lands on Earth, bringing with him an alien predator known as the Moorwen. Though both man and monster are seeking revenge for violence committed against them, Kainan leads the alliance to kill the Moorwen by fusing his advanced technology with the Viking's Iron Age weaponry
Easily one of the better movies i've seen all year. No the budget wasn't' very big and except for Jim Caviezel, it has no big name actor. But the overall film was very well done. The story even though simple was well told and the characters were enjoyable to watch. The special effects weren't great but they weren't as bad as some other movies.

This isn't an Oscar winning movie or anything, actually sort of resembles a movie that could be a SC-IF original if all there movies weren't crap-tastic and had a budget of $200

Rating 8.5/10
Advertisements - Register to remove