Old 05-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
marshallfever
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What movies have you seen recently? Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Saw Let The Right One In for a second time yesterday, it's this small, independent, Swedish vampire movie that is drawing some pretty bad comparisons to Twilight because there's a vampire-human relationship with teenage characters. Right. Comparing Let The Right One In to Twilight is like comparing Near Dark to Once Bitten. It may have a similar plot but it's an entirely different film with a mood all its own.

Controversial comparisons aside, the film finds a way to be brooding and touching at the same time. Amazing acting (even from the child actors!), directing, cinematography, editing, score...this film is probably the best horror/drama hybrid of the last decade. Check it out, but please, don't go anywhere near the English dub. The studio releasing it is small, so apparently they hired a bunch of anime dubbers and the result is horrid (no pun intended).

The worst thing about the film is its impending American sequel, which apparently will be directed by Matt Reeves of Cloverfield fame. Ouch.
I think i want to see this movie. I've seen the cover for it and heard good things about it.