View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #48
Mos1ted
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
People also fail to realize that the majority of these HBCUs are represented in "mainstream" collegiate sports games such as College Hoops 2K8. That is because the NCAA doesn't break the Division I teams in separate divisions in basketball like they do in football. So in a NCAA Basketball game, you're getting all of the DI schools - DI HBCUs included.

In football it's a different story. I don't know if it's a licensing issue or if EA just consciously chose not to focus on the other D-I schools. If they did, the D-I HBCUs would be included in NCAA Football series, and this game probably wouldn't exist.

Personally, I think the game has some really good features that EA should consider into next year's game, mainly the Rock Band drum set integration. I mean, pretty much every college has a drumline of some sort, not just HBCUs, so that would be a nice little mini game to add in my opinion.

And also, any student can apply to an HBCU. I know white people who've attended and graduated from HBCUs. HBCUs aren't around to have all black colleges. They were created because historically, blacks weren't allowed to attend the "mainstream" colleges, so educators (both white and black) decided to create colleges so that blacks could have an opportunity for higher education too.