View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #90
MacPlex
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Unfortunately due to the flaws in 09, I could probably spread and shred my way past you, but would also be vulnerable to the same thing. While it is common to run on third down, I would argue that you couldn't find a coach who would given the score and situation regardless of prior passing success, not to mention it happened twice. Calling any kind of running play signals to your team and the other team that you've given up, and play calling was horrendous last year. Funny how you assume I play with A and B schools when you don't know me or how I play. Before I gave up on what I thought was an average game last year, I was in a dynasty with Lousiana-Monroe running a spread based offense. You can laugh at me all you want but you will never be a football coach with that philosophy. You're probably just a kid defending a game you love, which is all right, but your points make no sense so I can only assume you are the equivalent of a "skill stick" win at all costs gamer who runs on third down because they never punt.

Rant over.
I would like to apologize to you. I was responding to the thread on my cell phone w/o actually ever seeing the video. lol Now, The 1st run play was 3rd and 7. I've seen a draw work in this situation soo many times. Its actually one of the best playcalls as the defense is sometimes caught off gaurd looking for the pass and its safe.

Play #2 - 3rd and 3 the play call is perfect(yes perfect) its just executed poorly. There are 4 Utah St players(OT,OG,C,FB) blocking 3 Gators(LB,DE,DT). I never played ball in college but did in HS so Im no Offensive mastermind but those calls make alot of sense.