View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
UberA13c
Rookie

OVR: 3
Best player in the world?

So, who do you guys believe the best player in the game is? Not just this season, but who consistently seems to be the best. Give reasons also.

Although there are some really great players, I believe there are two options for this; A-Rod or, Pujols. Often debate it with friends, and family and everyone seems to split it.

Hitting is the most important part of the game, but take in to thought defense and base running also.

Pujols is the best hitter in the game. He walks much, much more than he strikes out. He hits for great average and good-great power. Pujols plays a good first base, and is a smart baserunner albeit not obviously the fastest.

Rodriguez usually hits for good average, around .300-310 and hits many HR's and drives in many runs. His strike out total is higher than Pujols, quite a bit higher. His walks also aren't as high. A-Rod plays a much more significant defensive position, pretty well. He is also a very good baserunner, still with surprising speed.

Who is the better player to you? Try to not bias, even though that is impossible.

With that being said, I believe .... Alex Rodriguez is still the best player in baseball. Even though this year is definitely not indicating that.

While Pujols is a better hitter, I believe Alex's skillset makes him overall a better player.
Advertisements - Register to remove