View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #24
sportzbro
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4)

I love seeing the feedback on this, and getting people's wheels turning.. This is the same stuff that happens in those meetings the designers have at the beginning of every cycle. All this is making me want this mode even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
Good overall concept, i can tell you spent a lot of time on it, but I have a few questions:

Why is the AD running drills, setting depth charts, and coaching the team? Mike Bellotti is now the AD at Oregon, so Chip Kelly is coaching. Barry Alvarez is the AD at Wisconsin, so Bret Bielema is the coach. AD's normally don't coach, recruit, etc.

Do you think the NCAA would allow stadium revisions? Maybe create a new generic stadium but i doubt you could add to existing stadiums, what do you think?

This mode seems like it may make more sense as an overseer, NFL Head Coach style. What do you think?
It would be set up like the Owner Mode in Madden where you set prices, but you also run the team like a coach. I was thinking there could be 2 modes:

One that is just regular dynasty pretty much how its set up now.

The other would be AD mode and it includes all of the dynasty elements, plus the stuff I listed.

Idk about stadium revisions.. If they wouldn't/couldn't do it then the goal would be to make just one huge stadium in TeamBuilder. That could still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom41
I'ld also like to see some additions to your AD mode.
*Set ticket and merchandise prices. This way you have to find the right price for each to maximize your income. If you set them too high while you still a weaker team then your games won't sell out and your merch won't sell. But if you set it too low then you won't get the max benifit from sold out games/high attendance.
*Also with the Stadium expansion, you could have the ability to sell advertising/ get sponsers. While your still a lower level school you would only be able to get small local companies, and as you gain prestiege you'll attract larger national companies.
* This last idea might not be very popular, but I think this mode should be limited to use with only 1 or 2 star current schools or teambuilder schools. I know people would want to take their favorite school that is already a powerhouse and make them untouchable, but I don't see any challenge to that.
I forgot to mention that first part..

I was thinking this same thing. Like I said above, if this was actually split into 2 modes (Dynasty how it is, and then AD mode w/all the dynasty elements - essentially the hardcore feature)... and you choose AD mode, you would have to start out at a 1 or 2 star program. Building up to get to your favorite school would also add incentive & be so rewarding going from Idaho to Oregon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Also, AD mode might not be the correct name for this mode considering the AD is in charge of ALL sports, not just football.
Yea its just the one I figured everyone could relate to and recognize.. more ideas would obviously need thrown into the hat.