View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 01:24 AM   #13
Scorpion117
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: contract re-negotiations

When you go in and edit the contract the players don't take notice to the changes. You can give them the minimum salary and their response to you won't change.

Say a guy is on his final year and you go in and edit in a few more; if you go to that player's profile they will still say "I want a new contract" or "I'm thinking about testing free agency when my contract is up" or whatever.

It kinda messes up the game in that regard. But I went in and paid players less and gave them shorter contracts if I knew I didn't want them much longer. And some players want way more than what you feel they are worth so its nice to be able to do that I think.

I had a Bulls franchise and really wanted Tyrus Thomas and Derek Rose to stay on the team for their careers. Well no matter what I did Tyrus would say he wants to be a free agent. And everytime I would try to get him back off free agency he would simply go to another team anyway. Well I edited in 6 years to his contract and he was still saying that stuff so I just ignored it lol.