View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #53
bang911
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: NFL Fever 2004's innovative passing"read and lead"Madden should adopt sumthin sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Maybe you should play both games, I have them both right now, as we speak. You calling them identical is nonsense, they are different. Lead and Read feels and controls different, allows for more control on where you intend the pass to go, and trigger pressure control on the angle and velocity of the pass. Precision passing has been around for ever, it's nothing new, lead and read was.

And btw why are you showing APF in an argument about maddens passing system. Maddens passing system doesn't even match NFL2k5's or APF. I remember way back when nfl gameday first had precision passing, that was awesome.
Exactly, I bring up APF because this discussion is about possible Madden passing game improvements. R&L is the main point of discussion, but I (and yourself) know max passing is more advanced than the Madden passing system. So, both styles are fair to discuss in the thread.

I stated that max passing could produce the same results as R&L, I never said it was "identical" to R&L. I agree, calling them "identical" would be nonsense.

Maximum passing can overthrow receivers in every direction. Trigger passing works similar to a timed button pass. Both techniques can throw lob/bullets; the trigger is just more precise with which type of pass is thrown.

I think this idea for passing directly relates to baseball video games. Some people love to use "cursor batting" others love to hit without a curor, like in MLB 09: The Show.