Old 07-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #19
Solidice
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Why Not Develop on The PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common
Then I'm curious, because honestly, I don't know. How in the world were The Show devs able to cram so much detail into their game without having the same memory issues NCAA/Madden devs have? It confuses me, especially since according to you the 360 has more internal memory.

According to Adam, it had a lot to do with memory. Something to the effect of they chose stadiums over gear or something. I could be wrong though.

I dunno, all I know is that the PS3 has proven it can support a stellar and unparalleled sports gaming experience and for reasons unknown to us, the 360 hasn't. So why not just develop NCAA and Madden on the Ps3?
dunno, i don't work at EA or Sony, so i have no idea how they structure their games. I've heard that Sony's basketball game was terrible(i never played it, just going by what people that have played it, said about it), so obviously not every game made on PS3 is automatically better because of Blu-ray. it still takes people to actually make the game great. look at what Madden did this year, and it's still developed on the 360. as for the stadiums over gear, i think that was more of dev time than disc space.

also, there are plenty of PC games and games on 360 that are really great and still fit on 1 DVD disc. disc space is not the only factor when it comes to great games. it would be easier if the 360 did have more space, i'm not arguing that.

and I never said the 360 had more internal memory, the PS3 and 360 both have 512mb of RAM, the difference is how it is used by each. right now, the 360 has more available to the developers than the PS3, but the PS3 is getting better with every update that now they are about the same. this is really the weak point of both systems, if these consoles had 1 gig of RAM, wow, we could have really epic games.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 07-03-2009 at 02:55 PM.