View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Obelysk
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Possible Online Flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1216
this is definite game breaker for me if blocking sucks again this year. blocking needs to be more organic, not robotic (like everything else is madden). the problem with blocking in madden is this.

let say a gaurd has to go block the D-tackle and the O-tackle has to block the end, and the fullback has to pick up the linebacker. in madden, the guard will go block the end, the tackle with TRY to block the saftey, and the fullback will TRY to block the linebacker opposite of the direction of the play. i wont even bother to mention what the receivers do on runs because regardless of who the receiver is{example:hines ward}, they all 'block' the same(block meaning that they do nothing, or just get laid out) the blocking 'system' is just terrible, thus making running the ball non-existent (APF 2k8 did it, and that games 2 years old!)

and the thing with the center doing that twist pissed me off too, because he pretty much just took himself out of the play.
Actually real life football blocking is a lot more complicated than just having the Tackle block the End and the Guard blocking the LB or whom ever is in front of them. Take a look at this:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9933863/Ur...se-Description

That is from the Meyer Spread which is what the Patriots actually incorporate in their "spread offense." As you can see on some of the plays at times the Oline is asked to completely ignore the DEs. Madden doesn't capture true football running plays and assignments by neither the offense or defense, I can understand why though.

*Actual time may vary.