View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #26
NFLHITMAN
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Hitman, Autumn , and others who care to chime in. I have strategy questions!

My buddy and I play the game using LBzRule sliders that help the defense. We held a draft and created 4 teams each with Defense having all Gold-, Silver- and Bronze-tiered players. On offense, only Bronze-tiered players.

Our games are relatively close. It seems, though, that he's better at making LOS adjustments than I am. He goes for it alot on 4th and 1 or less (which drives me nuts and makes me want to stop him even more). I'll try to stack the line, maybe a GoalLine D with the knowledge that he'll swing pass it to an open back. Or he'll run a Pro-Set dive from a flipped formation. My success rate of stopping his 4th Down is around 20% which I argue is BS since NFL teams don't have high 4th down success rates IRL. But I've got to stop him consistently if he's going to rethink going for it.

I try the coverage shells to disguise my base D (4-3 Cover 3 Strong) because I know he likes to pass to his TE. My zone is also full of holes for the WR coming across from the left. I try to play a bend-don't-break defense and keep his RBs from getting 100 yards, but my Pass D is awful.

Questions:
- What's the best way to stop his 4th and shorts? I try 2-hard and sometimes it works.

- How do I keep his TE from killing me and that WR from cutting across the middle on my zone. I have manned the CB on that WR, but the receiver tends to get lots of space.

- What is the best way to lab? Do you guys run two controllers to do your labbing?

I need help. I've got to get back to being competitive again.

Thanks for the assist!

BigBlue
1. For my Lab testing I use the Werewolfs to play against since that team is set up like most online teams.

2. If you know he is using arrow routes, drag routes or inside routes with his WR than shade your CB's inside. Hot route your Safeties to cover the deep sidelines incase he decides to go deep on you. If he will go to a quick out than your best bet is to manually cover that with the LB closest to the WR your worried about because out routes are very hard for the AI to do right.

3. The best defense for a sure run up the gut is the Bear defense. Do the Inside stunt and the play that has the Safety and the LB blitzing right up the middle.

If you don't want to go that route I would suggest this. I will do this to anyone who plays like he does.

I would hot zone my OLB's from the 4-3 defense to both flats and put my CB's in a low zone like the 2 hard. If you have both of your OLB's hot zoned to the flats they will go there if he passes and if he runs they will react to it normally. I would manually bring down the safety that does not help cover his biggest threat ( Meaning don't take the safety that is over the top of Jerry Rice, Take the Safety who is over the top of a lesser WR ) right over center and as soon as he hikes it I would blast right through the gut to kill his run and if he passes the ball he better do it quick or he will be dust. Is this cheap? Yes but the way he is playing is also. In the real NFL when the defense is sure of a run players like Polamolu blast right through as I am telling you to do. This kind of play requires a 4-3 defense with and allin line stunt.

If you have anymore questions for me you can post them here but I check this place once a day so if you want a quicker answer join my site below in my signature.

Hope this helps.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!