View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #50
doom41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: More on sam keller and the lawsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiveBlaze
Ignorance must truly be bliss. Choadler could you go back and read the entire post before you chose to quote parts of it. I didn't compare athletic to academic. I actually said academic instead of athletic ok. A player should have a choice to accept one or the other if it is an option. If you choose not to accept an athletic scholarship then you should be able to accept endorsements or accept endorsements if you pay for your own schooling. What it sounds like to me is that your just one of the bookworms jealous cause i jock has it to easy lol seems like your stuck in high school yet we need perspective lmao.

To jeeves what i said is a base salary for all athletes not dependant on revenue generated by a sport but for all collegiate ncaa athletes such and i think more like a 400 dollar a month stipend. What can of worms would that open. I think that bench players should be compensated because did you forget the commitment it takes going to practice to be a crash test dummy and never seeing the field even though you do make players around you better.

To roggie i resent the fact you say talent is natural born. Athleticism is born not talent or skill. That is honed thru practice and my ceiling in baseball was high enough for me to get a scholarship, football 2. But it was because i worked hard ( i first played basball my junior year in hs) and practiced with my all heart and soul because i wanted to be good( no not anymore because game design in my tru passion now lol) And for a college athlete sports is his job and he earns the scholarship thru hard work from a young age then thru college and it is no free ride at all. I admit i was lazy and thought baseball was boring so i revoked my own scholarship and still remain objective in this argument. And saying you could go D-1 if bowling was a sport is like sayin i could go D-! in videogaming if it was a sport but its not.

p.s. before you talk about how hard bowling is my average is 225 and my dad's is 253 so i know about bowling
This is not allowed for one big reason, what is to stop the boosters of the big schools from giving all the high ranking recruits the money to pay for their own schooling as long as they walk on the football team. This rule is in place to keep schools from being able to buy recruits which I would hope we can all agree should not be allowed