View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 02:04 AM   #27
steelers1
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Total Plays on Sim games on NCAA 10

The 58 plays/game last year for SMU speaks to it's bad defense, because that is a really low number of plays for a college team. But there does seem to be something wrong here because in your dynasty, they are averaging 86.

I think the average college game has around 140 plays, but I do know that Oregon one year ran something like 86 offensive plays/game, so it's possible. (I think it was 2007 or something, before the new clock rules)

SMU in your dynasty, threw 717 passes, and completed only 49.8% of their passes. That leads to a lot of plays that stopped the clock, just as I said earlier, but still over 1000 plays in 12 games seems like overkill.

I would have to see all the opponents stats too, because maybe it has to do with their opponents either not running clock (aka also having a ton of incompletions), or scoring really fast and SMU juat getting a lot of possessions.

Also, like the other people said, you should show the stats of a team like Alabama (or any run based team really) and see if they have the same problems.