View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 01:42 AM   #127
TreyIM2
MVP

OVR: 30
I think too many people are putting too much into the extras so you are not comprehending the review bottomline score. The gameplay is pretty darn good and that's the building block for next year's NCAA. Presentation gets repetitive and tired after a while and to be honest, is that what people are buying the game for? I would hope not. The gameplay is the essential part of the game and that's what makes this game so good NOT presentation.See how boring the presentation will get in Madden 10, over time and after a while, u really won't even pay attention to it. I honestly thought this was the reason why EA minimized the presentation to the fullest because it takes up programming and space and at the end of the day, gameplay is the most important aspect of the game, just like any video game.
I say an 8.0 is good but I would even go higher because as much as I like good presentation ala 2K5, that doesn't make or break a football game for me. I would give it an 8.7 because the gameplay is actually a 9.3ish to me, alone but it definitely could use better presentation and audio, at times, which sets the score back. And honestly, since I don't really care about the presentation in a college football game, I'd give it that 9.3, at the end of the day. The game play is great fun and well done.