View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #208
texastarheel
Rookie

OVR: 1
I went to Livingstone College (class of '87) in Salisbury, NC which is a HBCU. Livingstone played in the first, I repeat first football game ever between two black schools. (The other school was Biddle University which now is named Johnson C. Smith University in Charlotte, NC) I am just glad that I now can play my alma mater in a game without creating them in an EA game. If anyone has ever been to a HBCU game they would know why this game is named what it is. It is an experience!!! I currently live in Dallas, TX now and one of the highlights of the year is the Prarie View vs Grambling game in the Cotton Bowl. A few years ago I took a couple of my co-workers (1 white and 1 black) who both went to predominately white colleges and had never been to a black college football game. They said it was the most fun they have ever had at a football game. And their exact words were "that was one of the best experiences we have ever had!!"
Will the gameplay be up to par with NCAA 10 probably not, will it sell as many copies as NCAA 10, probably not. But what it will do is let gamers who went to these schools have a little fun and remember their college days with enjoyment.