Old 07-17-2009, 12:51 AM   #39
clarkerots
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Favorite Madden Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
06 for legacy gen. How many people who voted for 05 played 06 for legacy gen? If you did, how do you not for for 06? 05 was filled with bugs and flaws and fatigue was broken so you couldn't even play true sim offline franchise. 06 brought us slide protection and smart routes as well. At the very least, think 05 with out all the bugs and 6 is already better. I honestly think that next gen 06 is what makes people forget how much better legacy gen got for 06 and 07. I didn't even make the next gen jump until a few months prior to 09 [April 08]. I think 07 on legacy gen was pretty hot too, but it was more or less a roster update. I think 06 also brought us the truck stick or truck stick 2.0 with player specific moves and animations. Power and elusive.

in short, 04 was good for playmaker, and 05 was good for D, D playmaker, and hit stick. 06 gave us fixes and MANY more options/features and improved franchise with the truck stick. 06 FTW.
THe problem with 06 is that was the first year that the coaching sliders were broken and never fixed. If a coach was 20/80 he ran 20% of the time and passed 80% of the time. If I set his slider to 60/40, he ran 20% of the time and passed 80% of the time.

BTW, the Manifesto fixed the issue with fatigue in 05.