View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #28
Obelysk
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Player regression at 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul2zion
I think injuries factored more into Shaun Alexander's regression. That season after the MVP year was abysmal even before the injury though. He was playing like he'd just forgotten how to play running back. I don't think this had anything to do with turning 30. In real life as one gets older they gradually see decline in their speed and agility, but I don't think these declines are enough to make a great running back have a terrible career after. Just look at Curtis Martin who was neck and neck in rushing yards with Alexander that year and he was 32/33.

Actually, Shaun started to fall apart at the same time that Steven Hutchinson left as well as Mack Strong(talk about a Football name). Not only did Shaun struggle but so did Walter Jones, he stopped being his elite dominant monster that he was after Hutchinson left and is also no wonder why Person leads the league in rushing. I remember someone once showed me a stat that Person rushes 85% of his plays towards Hutchinson side.

*Actual time may vary.

Last edited by Obelysk; 07-20-2009 at 11:19 AM.