View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
therizing02
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY PASS DEFENSE HEISMAN!!

I have been playing on Heisman since day 1 and I agree it's tough. It's tough but it's not impossible. The way it should be right? Have there been instances where the QB gets a pass off in .0000005 seconds? Of course. It's a programmed CPU cheat and it's BS but it's nowhere near as bad as NCAA 09.

Try this out.

Depending on the team I'm playing against, I've been able to keep the CPU pass percentage at or slightly below 60% on average. Sometimes they do better, sometimes worse. I'm on the 360 (no patch) but I've lowered the CPU WR Catch(THIS SLIDER WORKS ON 360) rating to 35. It helps. BTW college players do drop passes. AT 35 the CPU averages 4 or 5 drops per game. They are not the wide open drops of NCAA 2005 either.

Most importantly, USE ALL TOOLS AVAILABLE. On Heisman, you can't just call plays and hope for the best. Isn't that what we want?

Defensive Keys-Calling the right key is very helpful for coverage AND Pass rush. I average around 10 sacks/hurry/knockdowns per game and I do get pressure without blitzing.

Gameplan-Use tight zones. When the QB is thinking of throwing that quick .00005 pass, they'll think again if you have the zones covered.

I also use the Swat (Conservative) option on pass defense. Your players are more likely to make a play on the ball than when they are going for the interception.

Key Receivers-This helps a lot. I like to key any impact receiver on occasion.

Good luck man.