View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
m00d
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7
Amazing! QB Accuracy is FIXED!

Guys,

Many of us have asked for this for years... Now we have it....
The QB Accuracy slider NO LONGER EFFECTS ARM STRENGTH !!!!

This alone is a massive improvement and will enable us to create much more realistic sliders.
I'm actually working on a varsity set right now and have Human QB Accuracy at zero. In my last game I hit a go route in which the ball was in the air for 60+ yards. I had to user catch the bomb since the throw was slightly off target but it felt so good. Anyway I'll post my set whenever I feel they are ready. Oh yea, not only is this slider improved they all are vastly improved including the penalty sliders.

From only a few hours of work I feel varsity is a real possibility this year. I know that sounds crazy as last year anyone with even moderate skills had to play on Heisman to have any sort of challenge, or play on AA with a laundry list of self imposed house rules. But this year the sliders are so powerful I think varsity may be a reality even for the very skilled player.

Now we need two more things in the next patch.

1) Make both the human and the cpu chew clock if the feature is enabled. This would finally allow us to manage the clock which is football 101.
2) Make sliders effect human v human games in our OD's. (I haven't tested this yet but last year default sliders were used in human v human games.)

Other early things I'm seeing:

Int Slider: We all normally set this to zero... Well this year with it set to zero you may not see a single INT.

WR Catch: Usually set very low. This year if you set this too low the WR's will have Crisco on their hands.

CPU Run Game: I actually have the cpu running the ball well against me on varsity. Last year they couldn't run on me on Heisman with cpu run ability/block set to 100.

Kick off/Punt returns: From early testing on varsity this problem is totally gone.

Completion percentage/Robo QB: Not a problem this year. In my varsity testing I can make the cpu have a very high completion percentage or a very low one without ANY INT problems. I'm just finding the right numbers now.

HB Sweeps/Stretch plays: Not a problem even on varsity.

Field Goals/Punts: Easily fixed with sliders.

Fumbles: No problem at all even with RB Ability at zero for the human and Tackle at 100 for the cpu. Nice! It seems they detached the 'carrying' attribute from this slider which is good news.

All in all I believe this will be the most realistic game of video football any of us have ever played. I'm not saying Varsity is where I'll stay, but there appears to be a real chance this year. I've always loved the feel and speed of varsity but it was simply way to easy no matter the sliders. This year may be different...

Back to the slider room....
Advertisements - Register to remove