View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #16
Crimsontide27
MVP

OVR: 12
Other games is my answer. After playing same amazing games across many platforms, the garbage treatment that is shoved down sports gamers throat is pathetic.

Exclusive rights is the other one. If I want to play a FPS game, I have many to choose from. Some love Half Life, I hate it...so I can go play CoD 4. Problem solved.

When it comes to sports games, if I want to play College Football I am stuck with only 1 choice period. Sports gamers are pretty much limited to only 1-2 choices when it comes to authentic sports titles, so the sports game genre doesnt move at the pace every other genre is.

FPS have evolved into same incredibly complex and graphic intense adventures, RPGs have evolved. Action games have come a very long way ....sports games just continue to be the same thing with a diff year added to the title.

Realistic sports games in general never change and the devs know this. This is why sports games never change. Its much easier to just release the game the next year with 1 feature added or so and call it a day. Many companies would love to be able to have a million + seller each year.