View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #23
strickzilla
Rookie

OVR: 7
i think the "blame" falls squarely on the game houses. i play The show and madden on PS3 and the 2 games are light years apart. the only 2 reasons i find for this

#1 the The show has competition (the mbl series) so they are pushed to strive for excellence, where as madden has no real competition so they just put a game out every year and so be it. there is no "keeping up with the Jones" in football land cause the Jones were bought out.

#2 the Show was made for the PS3 exclusively using all the full power of the PS3. exclusive games (PS3 or XBOX) play better so if madden can have a team for the Wii they can have a PS3 team ( as eh game is currently made on the XBOX and then ported over)

i also think that there hasnt been that big leap forward when the new consoles came out . i mean from the NES to the Snes you could see the consoles power and on the line from the PS1 to he PS2.

but it seems the PS3/Xbox360 has kind of stalled out, at least for sports games. madden is still using Mo-cap a technology thats at LEAST 10 years old.

i think its the Jetson syndrome we expected to be further along than we are now.