Old 07-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Sun Belt to SEC Powerhouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5xfaster
...and when I say 'powerhouse', I mean playing style. I'm looking for the best Sun Belt team to take and transform into a completely different animal.

Basically, my plan is to take a Sun Belt team, sim games and recruit the talent to transform them into a powerhouse running team (think Wisconsin) with a stout defense to attempt to crash the SEC's speed-happy party. I know I know, sounds like an impossible task, but I wanna try to take this achievement (and I'm not even really doing it for that...I'm just trying something different for myself) and run (literally) with it.

So essentially, I'm asking which Sun Belt team would you use for this task? Which existing playbook would you use? And which defense scheme?

I'm looking for a playbook with alot of big Ace, I-form, Broken I's, and maybe some split back. I'm looking to avoid shotgun, but if there are a few formations, I can live with that. And I'm thinking about either a 4-3 or Multiple D playbook (any way to run a 4-4 base at all times? Anyone know?), so lemme get your ideas on that.

Oh, and what do you think I should be looking for, recruit-wise, with whatever scheme you suggest?

Thanks guys. Looking forward to the suggestions.
Go with FIU or FAU. They have that great recruiting base. North Texas as well. Really the only difference between these teams, for what you want to do, is who's stadium and uniforms do you like playing in the most?