Old 07-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
lolfalconsbeatu
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The strafe catch on Offense is actually a weapon in real life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
I see what you're saying..but how many times it occurs is like the qb sneak in madden...It happens maybe once or twice a game if that in the nfl...but if you choose to do 20 times in madden...hey...knock yourself out...I for one think that it should have never been removed...this is just one of those things that bugs the heck outta of me..because I didnt think you actually had to ask that something like this doesnt get removed...As a superstar mode player...having all these footballs slam at the back of my head like im some kind of idiot isnt to appealing to me...especially when I am wide open for something like a screen play..If they wanna keep the strafe out...ea could at least make it so that when you stop running....The player turns in the best position for the situation....obviously if I am on a streak I dont want my player to turn around...but if I am just standing in the circle....Can they turn my player around without me having to run a wide circle lookin like a chicken with his head cut off? Everytime a football hits me in the back of my head im just looking at my tv like....really????
Before I respond, I really commend you on being primarily a 'Superstar Mode' player, and hope they give you something to work with by Madden '11, since its obvious that mode has be really looked over like crazy.

But coming with your comparison with the QB sneak being ran 20 times, and the straft being incorporated 20 times, I think its like comparing oranges to apples...

I say this because, hey, if you have 4th and inches 20 times in a game, or 3rd and short 6 or 7 times a game, and a QB sneak is the perfect play...hey...you gotta do what you gotta do. However, you can prepare your defense for it by jamming the middle of the D...

When performing 'Straft Catches', 'Spectacular Catches', or 'Rocket Catches'..its not something you can catch the defense off guard for (or at least...it should not be something you can catch the defense off guard with..). 'Straft catches should be (95% of the time) performed by an Elite player that occurs maybe 3 - 5 times Max a game...(I really think about 2 or 3 times max...but w/e)...

Also it should be contested by the defender. And 99% of the time the defender stands and watches, which is NOT realistic at all. Especially everytime its 3rd or 4th and long and you no the 'Straft catch' is coming..by Larry Fitz or Wes Welker...which shouldnt be the case -- ESPECIALLY uncontested.

So basically my case is this:

QB sneaking can catch a defense off guard even if it occurs an more often in one game than another, and basically if you QB sneak at will on 1st and 10 (for example)..your only setting yourself up for failure.

Rocket Catching, Straft Catching, Spectacular Catching should happen at a very limited time by mainly an Elite Player that with the defense actually reacting to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove