Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
cdh72469
Rookie

cdh72469's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Opinions on Minnesota State Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec
It also might help if you show your uniforms. Helmets can go really well with uniforms or really bad depending on what they look like...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkavian
Purple helmet, but the set the chinstrap to white and the face mask to Orange.
You'll see I have an alternate helmet with an orange facemask. Thought I'd use that when using the orange jerseys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
FWIW, my Minnesota State Helmets. I obviously took the logos from the logo thread here (with many thanks!).

The top is the primary, the bottom is the alt. I found no way to make Purple, Orange, and Gold to look good together so I created a set of MSU primary uniforms with Orange and Purple and a set of Alts with Purple and Gold. Helmets to match.
No problem on the logo. I had a problem effectively working in the gold myself. In the TV show the uniforms are mostly purple & gold, but the coaching jackets, posters, banners, etc are mostly purple and orange. So I went with purple and orange after trying different combos. The team should be available for download under GT cdh724. Just an FYI, I've named the team for actors and characters from the TV show, some obvious, some not and of course had to adapt the women's names. Also right now one of my last names, Whitley is showing up as XXXXXX for some crazy reason, so I need to try changing that to see what will be accepted so you may want to try changing it if you download today or hold off until later to download. I may have restricted there conference by using the Big Ten logo on the 25, but that's where I'm putting them when I start up my dynasty and I like the look of it in-game.

Here are my uniform combos...

Primary Home

Primary Away

Alternate Home 1

Alternate Away

Alternate Home combos

Alternate Away combos

I wish we had one more pants option. I think some orange pants would be a nice option for the Screaming Eagles.