View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
Nicknam4
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: What makes Pro Tack a technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
It means it's procedural as opposed to pre-recorded, canned animations. The exciting thing about it is different things can happen depending on who comes into the tackle, from which team, from which direction, with what momentum, and it animates the whole thing on the fly. Very different from the way madden typical works, which is triggering canned animation after canned animation to simulate behaviors. I hope a procedural approach slowly grows and replaces the other parts of the game, like catches, db/wr interaction, linemen interactions, etc.

I agree it's not perfect, but I think it's a step towards the right solution. As for why they gave it a fancy sounding name, blame their PR department. They don't need to explain how it works, other than from an end-user perspective. I'd be fascinated to see the innards, but they have no reason to show me.

As for calling it a technology... I don't care to look up the dictionary definition of technology, but... well, why would you care whether it meets the dictionary definition of a technology anyway? We know what it does, and I think it's a worthy addition.
Pro Tak does not create animation on the fly. That's Euphoria.
Advertisements - Register to remove