View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
Maynard
Banned

OVR: 13
Maynard's All American Sliders

I have been testing sliders since the patch and I finally have a set that works to give a competitive and realistic game of football. I dont think I will be making any changes. Maybe a reduction in the Hum pass rush if I figure out how to get solid pressure within 3 seconds with my D Line

AA
7 Min Quarters
Chew Clock (used when needed)

QB Accuracy: This will allow you to see a difference in avg/good/great QB's. You will see errant passes and will have trouble if you make bad decisions.
Pass Block: I feel the CPU needs to be at 0 for a realistic rush. As OSU I struggle to get a pass rush unless I bring a blitz. My 4 down linemen dont get sacks. I usually get them from blitzing players.
WR Catching: Just not enough drops for my liking. At 45 I still see #3 WR getting hammered as they catch. 40 provides great results
RB Ability: The CPU run game is solid. Great backs will make you pay for poor play. The Human run game is also a challenge. You may want to lower Hum RB Ability to 50-55, but at 60 it provides a realistic challenge for me. This slider is combined with Rush Dee for results
Run Blocking: This seems to be the only slider EA got right

Pass Cover: These will force you to play a smart game and make good reads. These will also force the CPU to do the same and help prevent ROBO QB
Pass Rush: The CPU is perfect at 45, Users may want to lower the number if its to easy for them. But for me, this is the only way to get realistic results
Inter: This is perfect, you wont see those lame 1 handed INT's, but bad passes run the risk of an INT
Rush Dee: Again, the perfect balance imo. Combined with RB ability and Tackling, the great RB will light you up if you dont play them correctly. Dont expect to sit in zone dee all game playing the pass.
Tackle: I had user at 50, but the higher RB ability allowed to many broken tackles. 55 is perfect. The RB will get his yards, but not by break 10 tackles for Big Plays.

Kicking Game This is one area I feel is dead accurate with FG's. I checked longest made kicks by some of the best and worst kickers and these numbers allow for a realistic result. Great kickers will make their 45-50 yarders, while crappy kickers will be struggle. Most kickers were lucky to have a 40+ yarder all year. The human accuracy forces you to actually move the meter properly. Dont expect a gimmie on FG and punts

Penalties: the sliders below give me the best results.

My last 3 games with these sliders
USC at OSU L 38-33 (#1 ESPN Classic)
USC at OSU W 28-24 (I was down 24-0. McKnight had 173 yards against me)
OSU at USC W 24-21 (dee battle all game until the 4th...see stats below)

RECENT CHANGES
I raised CPU rush dee to 60 to help make the human run game a bit more difficult. I tried lowering hum RB Ability to 55, but it seemed like the cpu dominated the LOS with there lame *** awareness of my playcalling. So i kept RB ability at 60 and raised cpu rush dee instead. Seems to be doing the trick.

Lowered hum pass block to prevent me from having to much time in the pocket. Although at 40 it feels like the cpu is getting to me alot more then they should. If you dont have a running QB, u may want to stay at 45

Raised CPU pass accuracy to 25 because good QB were just to inaccurate. Also lowered human pass coverage to 75 to give more of a challenge on defense

Code:
QB Accuracy         15/25
Pass Block          40/10
WR Catch            40/40
RB Ability          60/60
Run Block           50/50

Pass Cover          75/70
Pass Rush          100/45
Inter               15/15
Rush Dee            15/60
Tackle              55/60

FG Power            30/30
FG Accur            25/50
Punt Power          50/55
Punt Accur          15/50
KO Power            40/45

offsides            100
false start         90
holding             50
facemask            55
Off Pass Inter      100
Dee Pass Inter      100    
Clipping            55
Int Grounding       75
Rough Pass          100
Rough Kick          100

Last edited by Maynard; 08-11-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove