View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 02:37 AM   #92
okstate19
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Varsity Slider Project, slthree

Wanted to give some quick feedback on my experience with the new slider set. I have them set exactly the same as they are on the 1st page right now. (Edit: Just realized it's actually not very quick at all, skip to the bold for a summary)

I started up a dynasty with Eastern Michigan..and I've had some interesting experiences. Eastern Michigan is D- overall, with a C- Offensive rating and D+ Defensive rating. Best players are the 85 ovr QB, 81 and 80 ovr WR's, and the offensive line is solid, with no position below 80. Defensively they are atrocious.

First game, I absolutely destroyed Army 38-7. I ran and threw with ease, and the defense got good good pressure and shut down Army's run game. I was disappointed with the lack of CPU run, but it was Army so I let it go.

Next game was against Northwestern. I won 32-25 on a TD pass with 17 seconds left. ESPN Classic score of 1400 something I think. Surprisingly, my D got good pressure and caused...2 sacks? I believe. (Dynasty is shut off right now but I remember the games and can remember the scores as this was just last night/tonight). Northwestern ran all over me, racking up close to 200 yards. I, on the other hand, was completely shut down and had to rely solely on my passing game. I felt I got very lucky this game, but was disappointed that I beat Northwestern with Eastern Michigan. I thought something might have to change.

Next game against Michigan...well...I wanted to lose. I played the best I could, but I was secretely hoping for a loss. LOL, I didn't need any help there. Michigan absolutely shut me down in every facet of the game, and came away with a 49-0 drubbing of EMU in the Big House. I was happy and sad at the same time, because I honestly didn't throw the game. Michigan moved the ball through the air and on the ground at will. I couldn't do anything, and turned the ball over 6 times (4 in the air, 2 on the ground). I remember being upset that somehow, despite QB Accuracy being where it was, Tate Forcier turned into superman and threw only 2 incompletions the whole game. I missed 3 FG's, but the wind was nuts and I think knocking down the Human ACC even by 5 makes a bit of difference. (Although I did feel like they just kind of careened of to the side a little TOO much)

At this point, I wasn't sure where I stood on these sliders.

Next game I walloped Temple 39-6. I missed two FG's this game, but the misses felt more..."natural" this time. Ran and threw with ease. Temple had 200 and some change of total yardage. 100 was on the ground...so I was happy there. My D played completely different and came away with...at least 2 picks and 2 sacks, I can't remember exactly right now.

Next game, CMU beats me by 12 points. Levefour (sp?) had a good game, but still only threw something to the tune of 7 incompletions. I got no pressure whatsoever, and was bummed at the lack of pass blocking by my lineman. I really saw a lot of "OLE" blocks this game. I saw them in the previous 4 games as well, but nothing like this. I threw the ball decent enough, but my defense could not stop the pass. Central should of been able to run on me better I feel, (they had around 50 on the ground) so again...bummed there.

Played tonight against Kent. I actually shut Kent St. out to the tune of 44-0. (First shut out in 2 years on NCAA, Ha) I ran and threw with ease. Still way too many "Matador" missed blocks. Kent had under 80 yards of total offense. Jarvis had something like 20 yards rushing. Defense played great obviously, but I got ZERO pressure the entire game. No sacks, barely any hurries. Kent threw 5 picks, basically all poor reads/throws by their QB. Although my Offense had little problems, I saw a few more errant balls thrown than normal by my QB.

That leaves EMU 4-2 and me still up in the air. I think these are the best combination of sliders so far. Michigan and Central Michigan hammered me, even if CMU only beat me by 12. My biggest problem is consistency. I'll have one game (Temple) where I get to the QB and force bad plays/get sacks at a reasonable rate. Another game, (Kent), absolutely nothing. Also, I can't get a consistent run game out of the CPU. I expected Michigan and Northwestern to get their yards on the ground, and Temple was a pleasant surprise, but I feel CMU and Kent should of put up better numbers on my horrible D. The CPU D is doing exactly what I want, however. I feel the teams that should stop me do, and the teams that shouldn't, don't. (Northwestern being the exception, but they totally shut down my run game)

I'm also hating how many times I see my tackles let ends by now. I stay in the pocket, but was running for my life way too many times the last 2 games. I'm thinking of increasing HUMAN pass block but I'm not sure if I want to go that route yet, as the first 4 games were not nearly as bad.

The consistency problem goes for play now games as well. I played roughly 50 play now games before I started my dynasty, and some games played fantastically. Others...seemed to ignore the sliders all-together, lol. (Keep in mind these play now games kept up with the older versions of slthree's sliders)

I still vote for the current version being the best so far. The only problem on top of the one I listed is that I seem to be getting absolutely pancaked on every kickoff. I've only given up one return (to Michigan), but CPU teams are probably averaging around 30-35 yards a return. This may just be Eastern Michigan's overall crappiness however.

Overall, I think I may have said a lot without saying much at all. Had I been able to turn on the PS3 I would have posted stats. I'll do that when the Dynasty concludes. Keep up the good work slthree. NCAA 10 isn't perfect, but I'm still managing to have fun.

Last edited by okstate19; 07-31-2009 at 02:43 AM.