View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #37
DaveDQ

OVR: 34
Re: The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
And Im one that thinks the economy has nothing at all to do with it.

As NCAA has aged, so has its fans that grew up with the game. Ive been a day 1 supporter of this game since the Bill Walsh days up until recently.

$50 is nothing when it can come to months of entertainment. I spend almost that just to take my family to Applebees for dinner one time.

I have put my money where my mouth is. There are a ton of top rate quality titles out to choose from now, and Im not going to waste it on a football game that releases broken and outdated.

4 of us went to get the game at WalMart on release night...the only difference was, only 1 was going to buy it

Everyone came back to my place since I have a 160inch screen to play for the evening. After giving the game about 10 complete games, 3 of us were glad we didnt buy the game, and the other guy has sold it already.

Typically, we all 4 would have bought the game.

Economy has nothing to do with lackluster sales.
Good points. It's just an overall boring game. The one positive I have come away with is the player lock feature, but that has some issues (mainly diving through players when you should be able to tackle them).

It's just a very dull game. The commentary crew is the same, with the same delayed remarks, animations are still very odd and many features don't work.

Most of all, the game simply doesn't merit an annual release.