View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
blackscorpion11
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: All-American Difficulty with Toned Up Sliders or Heisman with Some Sliders Toned

Currently playing AA with turned up sliders.., IMO it doesnt matter which level, im after balance... the cpu has to have a chance to win, blowing the cpu out, going undefeated, winning the title is boring and meaningless if you don't have to work for it.The threat of losing must be there vs equal or superior opponents.. My first heisman gm with ncaa 10 was with cal vs LA Tech. sliders on 50 (default)across the board.. Although i had the stronger squad, i still lost by a td (not the strongest stick skills) The cpu qb hit 71% completions, the hb ran for 117yds..

I didnt mind the offense, la tech is potent and pumped up on heisman you expect pts to be scored (final-31-24). But the defense was missing..cal has a top rated defense and secondary..but was still cut to pieces by a wac school?? Also LA tech's defense was bowl team caliber in this game.??? both factors not realistic..

My point is that moving sliders has to produce realism and balance.. If your routinely beating teams above your teams caliber, then the sliders are too high.

The cpu as we know, gives up on the run gm if it doesnt succeed on the ground early..In my dynasty i lowered the cpu tackling and raised the cpu run defense.. this allows the user to run, break a tackle or dodge a tackle and yet, not run wild on the cpu..

I did the opposite with the cpu, i lowered the user run defense and raised the tackling .. now the cpu hb gets to the corner, hits holes and will run about 30-35 attempts per game..

my last gm the cpu got 117yds on 31 carries..

the cpu is one dimensional, thats why everyone regularly beats the cpu.. just ignore the run and defend the pass and set the defense to Aggressive..

with a run game the cpu can attack both ways and uses the run to get into the red zone and score more..

Right now im using AA cranked up.
Advertisements - Register to remove