View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
MAzing87
Pro

OVR: 11
Slower speed=Realistic, I don't think so

Who really thinks the slower speed is more realistic? The more I think about it, the more it sounds like a copout to me. I think to make Madden more realistic, it should be close to "NFL game speed."

Is the slower speed compensation for lack of natural movement or animations for blocking, running, and catching? Fortunately, the game speed can be changed but what aspects of the game will be changed? The players will move faster but will the ball have more zip? Will receivers react quicker when the ball is thrown on a hook route?

I was playing the demos again and as of right now, timing routes are bad because the receiver doesn't react fast enough and if he does, he's not aggressive to get the ball. By the time I try to control the receiver, he's already lost position to the DB to get the pass. DBs are more aggressive and hungrier. Whenever I ran the ball, there was no aggression, no umph factor. Maybe there shouldn't be just one slider to change game speed but several sliders to change the speed or aggression of players by position?

What are your thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove