View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #19
swaldo
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: It is VERY concerning to me that EA asks reviews to change grades. What do you th

I read it in the print mag. It's a magazine I don't save otherwise I'd scan the article and post.

Basically they mentioned how hardcore players who were forum contributors for a long time were suspect when several posters swooped in the forum hyping aspects of the new version of a game that were obvious problems. I can't remember the details of the investigation but they were able to track the bogus users to India and discovered they were paid by the gaming company. After that they changed their strategy - such as starting out as a normal contributor, establishing community respect and being more subdued about their praise - and making sure not to hype elements that were not a total FAIL in the game.

One doesn't need that article to believe it. Business is cut throat, there's big dollars at stake, perks are being thrown around so this should be of no surprise to anyone. Shoot I could create 40 separate ID's here and hype Madden 10 all day if I want.

Last edited by swaldo; 08-12-2009 at 01:54 PM.