View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #20
sois
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Thumbs down Re: It is VERY concerning to me that EA asks reviews to change grades. What do you th

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheerun
I've worked at various software companies my entire career... this is a pretty common practice ... particularly at larger companies that have lots of dollars invested in prod mgmt and marketing.

We didn't ask people to change their scores directly, but we would follow-up if it was a bad score to make sure we understood what the problem was, what led the reviewer to have that stance etc. More often than you might think, there are misunderstandings about certain features, certain settings etc. And, I've seen numerous occasions where the follow-up leads to more clarity in which case the reviewers actually apologize, thank us for the clarification then update the score as appropriate.

I'm not saying that's what happened in this case... just that its not as surprising to me as it might be for others...
What would your company do if it got an unrealistically high review? It is disingenuous to leave those out there. You mislead people. People buy your product based on reviews. If you feel it is your duty to provide clarity to a low score, you should do the same for high scores. If a client is misled and thinks your product cures cancer thanks to a review, you should probably say something, otherwise you face the wrath of angry, misled clients.

Also, what "features" does madden have that would possibly be unclear at this point? It's football. The lowest score was for gameplay. There isn't really anything that is difficult to understand there.