View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #17
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Hopefully with board play in NHL10 the dump and chase works. That team had a tough 5 man formation at the blueline. So many teams in the EASHL did that and it was really tough to get through consistently.
Our team had some success with the dump & chase, but only when our opponents were over aggressive in collapsing to the puck side. When they did, you could slap it hard around the boards with the offside wing streaking down the boards. However, if the weak side D-man played his position properly, this didn't work all that well.

On a side note, The Purple Cobraz spanked us the only time we played them. We hung with them for a while, but one of our D-men got disconnected and they eventually worked us over to the tune of something like 8-1.

We had an AI goalie (not sure if they did or not, but they had human skaters), so once we were forced to one human D-man, they picked us apart with the cross-crease. I remember a lot frustration on the mics that game, as we couldn't adapt to having that damn AI guy fowling up our D-zone coverage. At that point (shortly after 2nd patch I believe), we had five guys who played together all the time and were playing quite well for about a month stretch post-patch. C'est la vie... (or something, I never took French)

Last edited by Qb; 08-17-2009 at 03:33 PM.