View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
joeysosa
MVP

OVR: 8
Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's

Looking over Pat White's ratings, I saw that his accuracy is actually higher than some starting QB's. Every single one of his accuracy ratings is higher than Jamarcus Russel's which, honestly, is a joke. And I'm not saying this out of any Raider homerism; I will be first to tell you that Russel is easily, at this point, a bottom 5 starter in the league.

With that said, there is no way Pat White should be rated higher than him, or any starting QB for that matter. I made this observation before his preseason game today, mind you (2/7, 14 yards and an INT).

I've noticed that, for some reason, rookies are always SO overrated in Madden. It happens every year, and this year is no exception (see Mark Sanchez's ratings, which has his accuracy in the 80's, competing with middle-top tier QB's). I feel like they rate rookies based on what they did in college than rather comparing them with other NFL players, which is a horrible mistake, considering a guy like Pat White is a prototypical player who has success in college but flounders in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove