View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
fourthreemafia
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: What are your thoughts on this game really?

For the first few days, I gave this game a 9...now Id say 6.5.

Some of the issues this game has are inexcusable. I can handle things like draft info being left out and some other little imperfections, but how the hell do you jack up pursuit angles so bad? Or covering the flats? How does blocking not only NOT get better, but gets worse? How are simmed stats so jacked up? I mean, if games from last gen can do all this stuff better, its time to go back to the drawing board.

I will admit, I am having SOME fun with Madden. Every other next gen Madden Ive ranked in the 3-5 range, so even 6.5 is an improvement. I just cant overlook some of the nonsense in this game. Simple, pop warner football fundamentals dont even seem to make this game in some instances.

Its pretty easy to tell that most, if not all the people that work on Madden dont really know much at all about the game of football and may not even really be NFL fans. This isnt meant to bash anyone, but if at least a some of these people were NFL fans and knew the game , I guarantee we wouldnt be getting this every year. Alot of times, its just laziness. In most cases though, these people simply dont know how the real game works, and thats why I dont have a ton of faith in Madden ever getting where it needs to be.

Sorry for the rant...but everything I said is true.