View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #52
Ram209
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Speed Threshold Talk!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Agreed my friend. Top receivers make a lot of plays in this game because they can catch almost anything thrown their way. However, I've played with the Steelers online for about 4 years now, and every year its the same thing. Hines Ward a great receiver, but hes not necessarily a speed freak. Therefore, unless he beats the zone, hes usually swallowed up in Madden. But when you see a guy like Percy Harvin (MIN) line up in the slot, its like a users dream when you see the defense is in man. Linebacker steps up on his, Harvin runs a drag route, and near the far hash he has a 5-6 step advantage. He catches pass and turns up field and isnt hit for another 10 yards.

In real life if you saw this happen, the linebacker would start to jump routes. The guy may even be doubled teamed. However, I have found no way in defensive audibles to add a double team, because this would a great addition to the game. Instead of running around like a moron and spying certain players, just set up a double team and let the computer try to do something.

Until that point, Madden players will continue to abuse the mediocre but quick slot receiver.
OK here is the thing though if my opponent comes out with Harvin in the slot and I am using the Raiders If I am playing M2M and Thomas Howard is on him even though Howard is probably one of the top 10 fastest Lb in the League he should no way stay with Harvin M2M. If I am playing Zone I usually always Highlight the Slot Rec and that takes away the crossing route crap. If you have not tried this you should it works really well.